Dental sedation, Intravenous sedation, Oral sedation, and Nitrous oxide sedation are increasingly popular sedation dentistry procedures used in dental clinics for sedation in Silver Spring. You are sleeping during the procedure; a reason why it’s commonly known as sleep dentistry, twilight anesthesia, and twilight dentistry. Sedation dentistry or dental sedation is a safe way to alleviate the common fear and nervousness when undergoing dental procedures and surgery.
At the Maryland Dental Center we offer dental sedation “sedation dentistry” in Silver Spring MD, Germantown MD, Baltimore MD, Manassas VA and Wake up to all of your dental work finished !
There is vigorous training, examinations, and on-going education involved before a dentist can offer sedation dentistry at their office.
Maryland Dental Center is one of the few qualified dental offices in Silver Spring, Germantown, Baltimore, Manassas that offers sedation dentistry.
Fear of Needles?
There are multiple ways to adminster sedation. Intravenous sedation (IV sedation) is the most used method but others include nitrous inhalation and also pills.
Sedation dentistry can be useful if:
- you don’t want to be aware of what’s happening during a procedure and you want to be “out of it”. In this case, IV sedation is the method of choice.
- you have a “gut feeling” that sedation would help you and allow you to get work done which otherwise you wouldn’t be able to tolerate
- your fear is procedure-specific (e. g. needles, extractions), especially if you know that the fear would still exist in the presence of an empathetic dentist and adequate pain-control
- you perceive your fears to be completely irrational and not helped by either an empathetic dentist or psychological techniques
- you have other mental health problems and you feel you’d benefit from sedation
- your primary aim is “to get your teeth fixed” as quickly as possible, for example because you’re very busy or you’ve got an important social event coming up
- it’s an invasive or unpleasant procedure such as more complex extractions
Learn more about IV Sedation